Saturday 24 December 2011

Seasonal Greetings

I've not posted for a while, but there are good reasons. I've been Excelling myself - I'll soon be posting more graphs than you can shake a hockeystick at. Australia will feature, thanks to the excellent records from the National Tidal Centre, whose SEAFRAME stations around Oz and the Pacific record climate data as well as sea-level, and show a distinct "lack of warming at the moment", to quote a now world-famous email. There are few Pacific islands which didn't show some warming from the early 1990s, but almost all show cooling since 1999. Posts on Oz and Pacific air and sea-surface (SST) temperatures soon.

I'll be updating and expanding the Pacific Sea Level post, and moving it to a permanent reference page. There'll be an Australian sea level post, also with a permanent page, and in the style of the interactive Pacific one.

In the meantime, whoever you are, and wherever you are, I surely  can do no better than give you the Vulcan four-finger salute (note the number of fingers!), and in the immortal words of Mr Spock, "Live Long and Prosper".

No comments:

Post a Comment